Identify examples of Constructivist theory in the classroom you observed.
Today I attended a class and observed the students participate in group work and then present this work to the rest of their peers.
- Students were given content on the growth of mould and told to present their findings however they wanted – This shows the teacher giving them the choice to express themselves creatively.
- Students worked in groups showing peer collaboration. Students had to compromise, debate and produce work together.
- Teacher prompted them to self-evaluate their work by asking them what they liked about the work they presented and what they could add next time they did an activity similar to this.
- Teacher did not dictate or act in a superior way, but rather floated through the room giving support where it was needed
- Children had the option of more than one resource, for example, the had their notebook filled with previous information, internet search, and additional information booklets